inhibiting suspend via dbus

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Aug 11 12:18:15 EDT 2008

Deepak Saxena wrote:
> On Aug 09 2008, at 19:35, Mikus Grinbergs was caught saying:
>> One possibility -- OFW already tests for "is the XO plugged in?".
>> Maybe Ohm can test for that, and decide that suspend is not needed
>> when the battery is fully charged, and is not being drained.
>
> I don't think this would work for us as in some locations electrical
> power is expensive and we want to conserve as much power as possible.

This was indeed the way ohm used to work but I argued against it because
   plugged up to external power in no way indicates you have a constant
electrical source.  Many cases that will be sharing a connection to a
solar panel or from a battery bank and you need to be save as much as
possible all the time.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child