[sugar] new 8.2.0 beta joyride - upgrading via control panel ?

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 06:59:54 EDT 2008

Not surprisingly, my experience on different machines with different
versions of joyride and different collections of activities installed
is that it is very inconsistent. Sometimes it just works, but often
times, it gets hung on one or two activities, e.g., for a while, it
would get stuck on Browse-94 under every configuration I tried, but
then one day, it just worked. The usual behavior seems to be that it
will succeed to upgrade most of the activities and report failures on
a handful, offering to try again (although it is not clear that that
is what is happening). I've be unable to determine any pattern. But
only once or twice have I seen it fail in the way you describe.

There are several related open tickets: 7882, 7886, 7865, 7845, 7842, 7837, etc.

-walter