XO keeps staring at its own belly button

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Thu Aug 7 20:05:35 EDT 2008

> For instance - the XO has been sitting there for a minute or more
> (in Terminal).  I want to key in a command, so I start typing.
> Nothing changes.  I do *NOT* know if my XO is alive or dead.
> Suddenly (after one or more seconds) the typed character appears on
> the screen.  My XO is alive, after all !!
> [I have 'suspend' turned off.  Using Q2E12f, firmware 5.110.22.p17.]

This looks a *lot* like how an XO acts when Suspend is on.  See if the
power LED has gone off and just blinks occasionally -- that's how you really
tell whether you are in suspend.  Power LED on steadily = no suspend.
Power LED off most of the time, blinking on = you're suspended.

You have to look BEFORE you start typing.  The first key you hit will
wake it up again, but it takes the kernel about a second of powered-on
time before it becomes responsive again.  (We hope to reduce that
significantly, but it's hard work.)

	John