Read 48 and PDF

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Aug 7 13:49:18 EDT 2008

Hi Jacob,

On 7 Aug 2008, at 17:45, Jacob Haddon wrote:

> As an FYI, i updated to 2258 and the result is the same. I even
> tested the PDF found on the wiki just to ensure the various PDF's I
> had weren't bad.
>
> Same behavior, selecting the PDF will open Read, but it will show
> 0/0 pages. behavior described in the following ticket which is shown
> as closed:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7615
>
> Am I the only one experiencing this? if so, it may be left over from
> some previous build. I am planning to do a clean install once i can
> find an empty usb drive...
>
> If needed I can (after getting an account) post comments on the
> above ticket.

Same here (joyride-2258):

1. download a pdf to the journal using Browse-94
2. visit the Journal and use the mouse over palette to "start" the pdf
3. Read-48 launches
4. Read displays 0/0 and no document (a mainly grey screen)***

***Random OT suggestion; now that all activities show a launchable
icon somewhere (no hidden activities any more), perhaps Read should
invoke the journal object picker if no document is indirectly provided.

--Gary