Geode screen scaling

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 29 19:21:17 EDT 2008

Jordan asserted on irc that all that was needed to enable lower
resolutions than 1200x900 on the XO was to add an appropriate mode
line, all the support should be in the X server.

Now, I made an xorg.conf with an 800x600 mode, but when starting X,
all I get is a white-ish screen (with some grey-ish shadows running
downwards). Does that mean the DCON does not like the timing? Other
ideas? Has this been tested at all?

And, if it is indeed so simple to add more modes, why don't we include
some that work by default? There is a gazillion modes built into the X
server that all fail because of "unknown" and "timing" issues,
according to Xorg.0.log.

I'm attaching my modified xorg.conf, maybe someone gets it to work
properly.

- Bert -