[sugar] Sugar\Windows won't ship

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 05:18:09 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:39 AM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>  in fact there was a post within the last week claiming that it would be a
>  bad idea to make sugar able to use unmodified linux software becouse that
>  would mean that the educational software and activities being written for
>  sugar could then be used on any linux box without sugar and this would
>  mean the death of sugar. a couple of us responded that if sugar requires
>  that sort of lock-in it deserved to die, but I don't remember anyone
>  speaking up to say that the developers of sugar or the software team at
>  OLPC disagreed with the initial poster.

The lists has been pretty busy in the last few weeks and if we spent
time  reading and answering every single post, it would not leave us
any time to code.

That's not the position of the team at all and Walter just told it
clearly in this same thread. I'm not sure why you are trying to
pretend otherwise.

Marco