Sugar\Windows won't ship

John R.Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun Apr 27 00:23:55 EDT 2008

Albert Cahalan <acahalan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The next demand is obvious: eliminate Sugar.

Well I think the more likely thing is that a Sugar (shell only) ends up
as an icon on the Windows desktop.

In fact until Sugar is a little more mature I don't think it would be the worst
thing in the world if XO's shipped with a lightweight Linux desktop and Sugar
as a launchable application. It would deal with speed and bleeding edge science
project UI complaints. It wouldn't do anything to address unaccountable
rambling FUD from NN about Flash or whatever.

Then teachers and students alike would have a real choice and we could
see what they choose to do when given the freedom to.

-- John.