sugar's amorphousness

Ricardo Carrano carrano at laptop.org
Thu Apr 24 09:43:34 EDT 2008

> Nicholas mumbles something on a mailing list and it gets translated and
> published throughout the world.
>
> Somehow, he has the attention of the world media. That's no small trick.

Without this level of attention it is hard to get sponsors and without
sponsors it is impossible to manufacture laptops in China. Would it be
unfair of me to say that Sugar wouldn't have the same opportunity to reach
kids without the XO?

There is a lot of good ideas in the world. But not so many good ideas
implemented. Because reality poses obstacles and demands flexibility. Is
flexibility a synonym to weakness? Remember the bamboo analogy?

It is interesting that ideal and idea share the same root.