Dailymotion videos on the XO laptop

Sebastien Adgnot sadgnot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 14:53:58 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I sent an email a few months ago to introduce you to Dailymotion and express
our interest in making our videos available on the XO laptop as part of the
OLPC effort.

Through the efforts of the Dailymotion team, we have made great progress
since my last email. I learned from the people on this mailing-list that the
only / best way to display videos is with the patent-free ogg video
container with Theora+Vorbis codecs. Today we are excited to present to you
a web site as a proof of concept that we developed to show how we can best
handle this format: http://olpc.dailymotion.com. It represents a very
limited selection of videos just to test them encoded in ogg. In addition,
the design of the web site represents an easy way to present the videos and
might be not the final product.

We at Dailymotion remain extremely excited about the OLPC project and the
possibility of developing a long term partnership with the OLPC Foundation.
I saw in a previous email that we should "try contacting
countries at laptop.org - which is handled by Darah" for partnerships, right?

Thanks for your help

Sebastien