Turkish keyboard layout

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:52:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, I don't recall ever approving a Turkish keyboard... The rest
>  of the table seems up to date as far as I know. I had been in close
>  contact with several groups in Turkey about 12 months ago and at the
>  time, they were advocating the F layout. It would certainly be easy
>  enough to do a Q layout.

The Q keyboard is the default layout for Turkish in Ubuntu.

Are we going to be able to supply Kurdish and Armenian keyboards to
Turkey? I would expect the government to object.

>  -walter

You have done a number of layouts, so can you tell us whether the
modifications for the XO form a consistent pattern that we could apply
in a more automated way? Or do you have to wrestle with details in
adapting different layouts?

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/