Turkish keyboard layout

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Tue Apr 22 11:04:53 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Walter Bender wrote:
>
> > Actually, I don't recall ever approving a Turkish keyboard... The rest
> > of the table seems up to date as far as I know. I had been in close
> > contact with several groups in Turkey about 12 months ago and at the
> > time, they were advocating the F layout. It would certainly be easy
> > enough to do a Q layout.
> >

>  I asked a second time and they again confirmed that the only layout
>  they know about and use is the Q one.  One of them even asked me if
>  this F thing perhaps comes from another European country :-)
>
>  This particular deployment is specific to the city of Istanbul,
>  so we definitely need to design and manufacture the Q layout in
>  this case, regardless of whether there are other areas of Turkey
>  where the F layout is preferred.
>
>  Is there someone already assigned to follow the ongoings of this
>  deployment?  So I can relay all the information I'm collecting
>  here and make sure it doesn't get lost.

I could volunteer to help in this regard. As for keyboard layouts,
I've been involved for some time in keyboard layouts and xkb mappings
and somewhat related X hacking and submitting patches upstream for
various OLPC keyboard layouts; and as for general feedback, I've
already been trying to do it from pilot(s) in India as much as time
has permitted me till now...

regards,
Arjun

--
Arjun Sarwal
Intern, One Laptop per Child
Email: arjun at laptop.org
IRC: arjs on irc.freenode.net in #olpc, #olpc-health, #sugar