Synchronizing xs-0.3 and xo-??? --- backups

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:45:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Ivan Krstić
<krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  My solution is the simplest design I could create that allows both
> emergency restore (laptop FS has been trashed, get everything back) and
> individual file restore and sharing via a web interface running on the XS,

Indeed, reading bug 4200 the purpose of the protocol becomes clearer.
What I don't understand completely is the drive behind retrieving the
files via a web interface. I'd think that the main requirement is that
the Journal can talk to it in a simple enough fashion -- perhaps it
was a shortcut to avoid complex work on the Journal?

thanks for chiming in! :-)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions