Synchronizing xs-0.3 and xo-??? --- backups

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 22 06:18:59 EDT 2008

On Apr 22, 2008, at 12:46 AM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Wad's too simple, I am hoping to use a slightly simplified version of
> Ivan's. For the restore part, I think I will drastically simplify
> things from Ivan's approach.

My solution is the simplest design I could create that allows both
emergency restore (laptop FS has been trashed, get everything back)
and individual file restore and sharing via a web interface running on
the XS, both in the face of an opaque DS backend (Xapian). These were,
at the time I was asked to design this, communicated as requirements
for the solution. If you relax the requirements or swap in a less
braindead DS backend, indeed you can simplify the whole system.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org