Internet wide chat

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 04:06:33 EDT 2008

Le lundi 21 avril 2008 à 10:55 +0200, Bernie Innocenti a écrit :
>  - how could they make kids from Ankara and Istanbul chat together
>
>  - how could a kid talk with his parents or teachers who are using
>    a normal computer

We use XMPP/Jabber when the laptop is connected to a schoolserver. So
basically all we need to do to allow this is:
- Enable communications between jabber server
- Add a way in Sugar to add not OLPC contact as Friend, initiate chats
with them, etc.
- Modify Chat to properly handle 1-1 chats and not OLPC activities muc
(#6298)

It's more an UI and privacy issue than a technical problem, really.

	G.