Internet wide chat

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:29:17 EDT 2008

>   - for large schools of 1000 students, they ask how the mesh view UI
>    would scale.  Are we switching to a search-based interface in when
>    there are so many kids clustered in the same LAN?

This is the intended design direction, but it hasn't been implemented
yet.  We do have search, but we need to intelligently filter the
available data to a "meaningful subset" which we show at any one time,
and then update based on manual searches and filters. This goes hand
in hand with the Gadget extension to the Jabber server that's being
worked on to help provide this subset.

- Eben