[solved] freezing DCON for insecure boot

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Apr 20 14:39:54 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 08:49 -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:

> The Forth command  "dcon-freeze" will freeze the screen immediately.
>
> The Forth command "freeze" will cause the "dcon-freeze" command to be
> executed at the next transition to a booted program.
>
> Either can be executed from inside olpc.fth
>
> The reason for the "freeze" command is so that screen animations showing
> the progress of bootloading sub-steps can be seen, but then the Linux
> black-screen text messages will be hidden.

Putting "dcon-freeze" at the top of boot.fth resulted the custom
logo being displayed nicely as in secure boot with no additional
tweaks required.  Thanks!

This is of secondary importance to me, but I still do not
understand why the Update.1 release candidate 703 fails to boot in
secure mode.  I have even re-downloaded the image and re-flashed it
a second time.

Do I have to double check something in my mfg-data?  Both my laptops
are pre-MP.

--
  \___/
  |___|  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/