fun and games with trying to un-suspend

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Apr 15 13:55:05 EDT 2008

> The issue seems a lot more often / prevalent
> when I had an SD card inserted before suspending.

Bingo!

I have a permanent SD card which I (manually) use for my "datastore"
(I'm not a Journal lover).

I wrote up #6584 because I'd as soon have the OLPC software KEEP ITS
HANDS OFF my SD.  [I'd be perfectly happy to do the 'mount' myself.]

--------

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-February/010870.html
suggested a way for me to prevent scanning of my SD (presumably
including when coming out of suspend).  At that point in time, I
made the changes to volumesmanager.py, and it worked as I wanted.

Unfortunately, as I kept updating to more recent OLPC software
versions, this "patch" stopped working.  As far as I can tell, I was
applying the same code instructions as before - so the resumption of
scanning (despite my "patch") might have been due to OLPC software
changes elsewhere.  Though I would want to *inhibit* the XO from
scanning my SD, I don't currently know how to do that.

mikus