How to use Salut?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Tue Apr 15 11:18:37 EDT 2008

Morgan,

Thanks for the information on ejabberd.  I may try that this weekend.  I
am still puzzled by salut, though.  I am using sugar-jhbuild on openSUSE
10.2 and everything seemed to compile OK, but running two instances of
Sugar does not seem to support sharing when the Collabora server is
down.  They don't see each other in the Neighborhood view.  So it looks
like Salut isn't doing its job.

I know you have a lot on your plate, but information on diagnosing Salut
problems would be a good addition to the Wiki.

Speaking of the Wiki, I did a search on Salut and the page I found gave
the impression that Salut only works when there is NO internet
connectivity.  Since my development machines are always connected to the
Internet this could be why I can't share between instances.  The wiki
page I found is at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Network_Configuration#Salut

Thanks,

James Simmons