Devel Digest, Vol 26, Issue 65

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 19:41:25 EDT 2008

Ar 14/04/2008 am 13:30, ysgrifennodd James Simmons:
> One thing I hope you'll address is the question of setting up a sharing
> test environment as simply as possible.  I have been using Xubuntu with
> Sugar RPMs on one machine and Sugar-jhbuild on openSUSE 10.2 on
> another.  Both use the Collabora server, and I have a G1G1 laptop
> pointing to that server as well.  The thing is, I don't know if I have
> Collabora's blessing to use their server for my testing, and even if I
> did, it is frequently out of service.  Ideally I could set up my own
> server.  I do know that just having ejabberd installed from RPMs is not
> enough.  (I tried that and it didn't work).  So what is the simplest way
> for me to have my own sharing environment?

Collabora is happy for developers to use our server for development!
Unfortunately, the ejabberd server on it falls over periodically, and we don't
know why. We have a trac ticket open about this[0], and it may be that the
people at Process One can help us debug it.

 [0] http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5313

--
Dafydd