Salut based collaboration?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon Apr 14 15:51:26 EDT 2008

Tomeu,

In fact I *have* been running multiple instances of Sugar-jhbuild on the
same box for test purposes.  This is much more convenient than using two
machines, especially since the Xubuntu machine's RPM's are out of date
so Read sharing doesn't work at all.

I have the two instances as separate menu options in WindowMaker, one
called "astroboy" and the other "astrogirl".  Sometimes this works just
fine.  In the neighborhood view they can see each other, as well as
several other icons and activities, which I always assumed were
developers on the collabora server.  Lately the Neighborhood view has
been empty; the two instances can only see themselves.  Since I have not
updated sugar-jhbuild at all since the last time this was working I
assumed it was because the server was down.

My first instance I launch the normal way, and the second as shown in
the document:

SUGAR_PROFILE=2 ./sugar-jhbuild run

In any case, if I could get the Salut thing working that would be
*exactly* the kind of thing that I hope that Morgan would document better.

Thanks,

James Simmons