XENified images for XO

Charles Merriam charles.merriam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:51:53 EDT 2008

There's been some talk about building for multiple platforms:

Aside from the XO-1 hardware, various other builds with advocates
include Linux builds:
   Ubuntu (widely used for Actitivies development),
   Fedora 7 jh-build variant (widely used for OS and systems development),
   Gentoo, Cebian, and other Linuv variants, advocated by adherents to
those operating systems.
and also virtualization builds:
   VMware - which has free (gratis) server software for a variety of
platforms.  VMware players have had commercial success and the players
tend to be stable.
   Q/Emu - An open source emulator.  Used a lot.
   I suppose XEN could be added to the list.

There is a debate going on about the build and release cycle:
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/2008_Debate_of_Build_and_Release#Multiple_Targets.2FTimely_Builds

It's currently bogged down in the minimum buy-in for time based
releases (years in the release name).

Charles