Cutting a slice of wikipedia - CDPedia

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:52:32 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday we had a mini-sprint with argentinian pythonistas and we
>  discussed Alecu's CDPedia  which is a Python toolchain that does are
>  good job of cutting a slice of wikipedia and cutting off the least
>  interesting parts to make it fit. His project is here
>
>    http://code.google.com/p/cdpedia/
>
>  and it would be great if Alecu could explain a bit more what it does
>  -- I am sure I didn't do it any justice above ;-)
>  So - Alecu, meet the list, list, say hi to Alecu ;-)

Hola, Alecu. ¿Como esta?

Is there a design spec for CDPedia? Is one CD worth just a convenient
round number, or is there some other reason for that size?

Shall we put this in the projects listing and make a Wiki page for it?

>  I would love to see this progress -- we definitely need something like
>  this to assist the localization teams to build a good content package
>  for the XS.  Are there related projects? I thought I had seen one but
>  I cannot find anything now, so it was perhaps discussion about desired
>  functionality?
>
>  cheers,
>

>  martin
>  --
>   martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>   martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>   - ask interesting questions
>   - don't get distracted with shiny stuff - working code first
>   - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/