Build Debate: Followup on Build Naming

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Apr 8 08:05:33 EDT 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008, Gary C Martin wrote:
> On 8 Apr 2008, at 04:53, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > I honestly think we should call it OLPC 2  which matches the cvs/
> > build tag and
> > signifies release number 2
> >
> > OLPC 1 being ship.2
> >
> > then we just increment the number for each stable release.  we have a
> > development codename of joyride.  we can create a name for each
> > release.
>
> Wouldn't OLPC 2 be new XO hardware? Just a gut feeling I get – but at
> least there's no damn date in there ;-)
the hardware is XO-1  the next revison will be XO-2

the version of the OS that we have out when the next hardware revision comes
out i would hope works on both sets of hardware.  even if the hardware is a
different architecture then i would hope we use the same source packages for
both architectures.

Dennis