Regarding mapping tables for nepali.

Prabhas Pokharel motudai at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:29:49 EDT 2008

> Walter has been working with Bernie Innocenti, Arjun Sarwal,
> Manusheel Gupta, and Rabi Karmacharya on the integration of compose
> characters into the X Window System keyboard mapping tables in order
> to better support Nepali, some West African languages, and to be able
> to use exclusively "dead keys" with the US International keyboard.

Just wanted to make sure that you guys know about the work that has been
done for nepalinux and associated project by this organization in Nepal (
http://madanpuraskar.org/). They have a Nepali version of debian (called
nepalinux) that they have produced, and although I don't understand details,
might or might not have already produced these X mapping tables.
I'm sure you have looked into / talked to them, but if you hadn't, would be
useful.

-prabhas