any drawbacks to using copy-nand and save-nand to install XO images

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 06:50:47 EDT 2008

sorry for the week late reply, was busy w/ teacher training

Michael Stone wrote:
>A much better strategy is
>to reflash an XO, boot it off of external media (like a USB key), make
>changes
>to the NAND, then save-nand, thus avoiding the first-boot configuration
>junk.

Let me make sure my linux-n00b mind understands this correctly. I should
boot off of a bootable usb of other distro, access the filesystem, make
the changes I need, shut everything down, and then save-nand?

sounds great, except I have always had a lousy time making usb sticks
bootable. maybe I'll get it write this time.

thanks again,

Bryan
OLE Nepal