Wireless Congestion Management Option

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Wed Apr 2 10:37:50 EDT 2008

Hi All,

FYI, I came across this proposed protocol enhancement for wireless mesh
network which may interest you:
http://netsrv.csc.ncsu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/DiffQ

Looks like its really designed for a mesh of Access points instead of
clients and focused on TCP at L4. Also, may not currently work with XO
wireless chip and drivers. Still, may merit more research if it helps
resolve open dense mesh issues. I think there is a pending XO deployment
in South Carolina so maybe you can hook the NCSU people in to help with
that as a test bed...

Pretty cutting edge stuff, like everything on this list ;-)

Thanks,

Greg S