Becoming involved in XO software development?

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Wed Apr 2 08:13:34 EDT 2008

Hi Janine,

Coming at your question from the user requirements side, I have one
request from the deployment in Uruguay.

They want to make it easier for kids to blog.

Description of the requirement is at:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Uruguay  Click on the link called:
Requiremientos Para XO

It has surprisingly broad implications which may require new code on XO,
XS or the Internet.

I'm putting together a team to address that requirement. I want to make
anything we develop available to all XO deployments. I also want to stay
in touch with Uruguay to gather more requests from them. I think we can
develop a mutually beneficial dialogue where developers learn from the
users and vice versa.

We'd love to have your support!  If you are interested, send me an
e-mail or join the list I setup on Google at:
http://groups.google.com/group/uruguay-XO-coordination

The success of the whole organization is more important than any one
project so you should give extra weight to responses from OLPC employees
(I'm a volunteer).

For example, below is a request for help from the server list. It has a
few specific suggestions you may want to consider.

Thanks,

Greg S

********

Message: 1