Line In Not Responding

Chris Barrett Chris at barrett-architect.com
Tue Apr 1 21:52:32 EDT 2008

I just recently recieved my XO, and I love it.  But recently the mic and
audio in jack refuse to respond.  The last time they worked was when I was
using measure to read the voltages (or trying to anyways) of some batteries
I had lying around.  I see that there is a max voltage, I'm worried I may
have inadvertently fried the controller or some component of the system that
the mic and audio in system rely on.

I guess what I'm asking is what are my options?  I'd prefer to repair this
myself, I'm relatively comfortable around soldering irons and have done some
surface mount repairs and modifications before, but I'd like to know what to
look for?  Would I need to replace the <tr_1207100852988>AD1888 IC or just a
smaller component?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris Barrett