[Fwd: Status of Ethiopian support]

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 14:08:36 EDT 2007

> My uninformed guess would be that 2 would be best.  But
> I'm forwarding your question to Lidet for a reliable
> opinion.
It that case, my Compose file would have to be "swapped" (the left
part of the rules). No problem, once we make that decision.

> My guess is that the GTK IM has additional usability
> refinements.
That's ok. The main thing is that it should not have _different_ rules.

> I thought IM's would work with raw keycodes (positional),
> not keysyms translated through the current keyboard layout.
Apparently you are kind of wrong;)

> general.  I'm merely trying to coordinate the integration
> without a specific technical background.
You are doing fine. We all learn things as we go:) No need to apologize.

Cheers

Sergey