Where Memorize activity should save new gamesets?

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Thu Sep 20 23:07:13 EDT 2007

Muriel,

I'm sending my reply to your mail to devel@ since I think that the
answer is generally useful.

Of the several data storage options that will be compatible with
activity containerization via Rainbow, the two most appropriate for your
task are:

1) The Datastore
2) ${SUGAR_ACTIVITY_ROOT}/data

I recommend (1) since it sounds like these are (possibly large) pieces
of user-created content that are intended to be shareable. (2) is
intended for "implementation data" that the user would not be upset to
lose (and that can be deleted to return the activity to its installation
condition).

Does this answer your question, and, if so, does the answer sound
workable to you?

Michael