radio off guarantee?

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Sep 17 22:32:35 EDT 2007

Subject:   Re: radio off guarantee?

To:        James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>,devel at lists.laptop.org

Bcc:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# Don't remove this line #=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

James Cameron wrote:

> - rename usb8xxx.ko to usb8xxx.disabled,

> - power down,

> - remove battery and AC adaptor,

> - power up.

> On the B4, this prevents the two left-hand LEDs from lighting ... the

> keyhole LED and the Star Wars TIE fighter LED.  But on build 566 at

> least the X server does not start.  "Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused

> by server".

I don't see how removing the usb8xxx kernel driver may affect X client

connections.  I'd say the two have to be independent.

Also, I'm a bit confused: the error message you see does not mean that X

server is not starting.  On the countrary, you only get it when the

server is running and you try to start a client without proper

authorization.

Where do you see this message?  Check for $XAUTHORITY: it should point

to a file containing the xauth cookie.

--

   //  Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/

 \X/ One Laptop Per Child - http://www.laptop.org/