[sugar] Improving quality

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Mon Sep 17 09:13:21 EDT 2007

I think a piece (maybe a big piece) of what changed in the last few weeks is
that I have called a lot of meetings here at 1CC to discuss the difficult
problems or stumbling blocks, come to a relatively quick decision, and move
on to the next problem. To ship a product out the door, I think this is
necessary.

But, clearly that process has left out a lot of interested people, so we
need to come up with something better that will allow us to make decisions
relatively quickly, but will allow the contributions to come all interested
people.

Bernie's idea of summarizing each week where we are and what the
discussions/decisions we need to work on is probably a good start. I try to
do that in a weekly 'Ship' meeting; but maybe I need to move that Monday
morning exercise to the devel and sugar lists rather than the local
conference room. That way everyone will know where we need to focus energy
that week and can contribute to that email thread.

I have been thinking about reformatting the 'Ship Meeting' anyway -- so
maybe I'll try it this week...

Kim