XIM

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Sep 12 13:36:36 EDT 2007

Lidet,

remember that we have two different input methods?
The one we've tested last week was GTK IM, the other is
XIM, which is not specific to Ethiopian and, thus, somewhat
less versatile.

We need to support both them in our system, as some
applications can only be made to work with XIM.
Could you please follow up on the following thread?

-----8<-----

On 09/12/2007 04:26 AM, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
>>    AI: Sergey said he'll check if CONSONANT+VOWEL is possible
>>    with XIM.
> I see two options here:
> 1. The current one, when "dead" character is vowel. In that case, it
> only works as "VOWEL+CONSONANT".
> 2. We can make CONSONANT "dead" characters, but in that case entering
> CONSONANT itself would require either two presses of the consonant -
> or simply disabling XIM.
>
> Which way would you prefer?

My uninformed guess would be that 2 would be best.  But I'm forwarding
your question to Lidet for a reliable opinion.

--
   //  Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/ One Laptop Per Child - http://www.laptop.org/