Status of Ethiopian support

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Tue Sep 11 22:36:21 EDT 2007

<quote who="Bernardo Innocenti" date="Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:13:05PM -0400">
>    I'm not sure the font license is acceptable for Fedora or even us.
>    Someone with better understanding should check.

I've looked at SIL's open font license several times in the past and it
seems fine. It's similar to the Bitstream license -- but better. It is
considered DFSG free by Debian. In any case, there are other OFL
licensed fonts in Fedora (e.g., Gentium, which I just chased won in the
archive).

I would imagine that Fedora might like to include such an RPM upstream.

Thanks for the rest of this though. I'll be trying this out.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS