Pippy and Calculate - Evolution Solution

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Sep 7 19:48:32 EDT 2007

  Mitch,

> >   Remember the famous quote from Jerome Bruner:
> >
> > 	We begin with the hypothesis that any subject can be taught
> > 	effectively in some intellectually honest form to any child at any
> > 	stage of development.
> >

> Sounds more like a statement of faith than a falsifiable hypothesis.

  Well, if you just take this statement without knowing what he has
done to support it, I might agree that it looks like a simple
non-falsifiable hypothesis.

  To talk about childhood education and constructivist theory in
education, Jerry's books are must-read, whether you agree with him or
not (to say the least.  Actually, he is one of *the* guys.)

-- Yoshiki