Teleconference information for software status meeting ( today, 21:00 EDT Boston)

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Sep 5 14:35:32 EDT 2007

Jordan Crouse wrote:

> IRC++.  I would have to encourage a very strict set of rules, to keep
> the discussion from going off in the weeds - it is good for more people
> to participate, but these meetings do serve a very important purpose.  We
> don't want to get distracted with topics that could just as easily be
> discussed on e-mail or in other IRC forums.

I agree with Jordan.

Some IRC meetings I've seen use a wiki page as an aid to keep track of
the schedule.  We could use the announcement in the mailing list as well
and send a reply with the resolutions below the quoting.

They, also have some moderator giving voice to people in turn so there's
no cross-talking.  But I'd not be too strict on this, it's not really as
annoying as interrupting a speaker.

People are supposed to answer with several short sentences to minimize
the delay.  To mean that they're actually finished answering, they say
something like "GA".

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti - One Laptop Per Child
 \X/  http://www.codewiz.org/