X won't come up on C2

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Wed Oct 24 11:35:45 EDT 2007

So far the new keyboard descriptions in the manufacturing data are a
paper spec only.

By that I mean that, as far as I know, the new tags are not present in
the pre-build machines, and the OS doesn't look for them.

(That is not quite true for OFW; it will use the new KA tag if it exists).

One way to save the mfg data to a file is to boot linux to a shell
prompt and tar up /ofw/mfg-data

There is a way to do it from OFW too, but I don't have the recipe handy
and I have to get on the plane in a couple of minutes.