Requesting audio samples using gstreamer

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Sun Oct 21 03:26:18 EDT 2007

Is there a way to explicitly request samples from Alsa using gstreamer ?

Currently, I set up a pipeline comprising of alsasrc and fakesink as the
elements and have connected the handoff signal to a signal handler function.
I've set sampling to 48Khz, 16bit, single channel. Within the signal handler
function I get a buffer/list of  480,  16bit values when the handoff signal
is emitted. It'd be great if I could request samples on the fly using
gstreamer.

thanks,
Arjun
--