New lurker! :-)

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Oct 16 03:35:36 EDT 2007

On 10/15/07 20:47, Ed Montgomery wrote:

> I'm interested in education problems (duh! :-)), and
> perhaps delving into some of the python code...but I'm
> going to just lurk for awhile and if I see something
> that I think I can contribute to, I'll jump in.  Or
> feel free to suggest something.

That's great!  Any kind of contribution is, of course,
appreciated.

Also note that many of us developers hang around on
the IRC channel #olpc on FreeNode.  For the questions
that can be answered quickly in one line, feel free
to ask there.

> As for time commitment, at the moment I am moving to
> Japan, but I will try to spend some time getting up to
> speed.  I use a laptop with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS at the
> moment, and python 2.4/2.5 installed.

Running activities in the jhbuild (sugar-emulator) environment
on Ubuntu is going to be tough.  We've not done much to support
running Sugar on distros other than Fedora 7.  That could be an
interesting project, but certainly it would require you to
upgrade at least to something like Feisty to get most of the
support packages needed by Sugar.

You may have more luck running the ext3 images on qemu.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/