Unable to run/install read-activity in sugar-jhbuild

Hemant Goyal goyal.hemant at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:46:39 EDT 2007

Hi Tomeu,

Thanks, that totally worked. Wish I had asked this question 5 hours ago :).

There is one more query that I have. We are planning to create a plugin
which would help bridge the Read activity with eSpeak (a text to speech
engine).

Espeak can be invoked using the following command :

espeak --stdout "Hello listening world!" | gst-launch fdsrc fd=0 !
wavparse ! alsasink

We want to pick the string data from Read and send it to espeak. Which is
the best point from where we can pick this string data for speech synthesis?

Can we pick the string data from Read-activity directly or will we need to
look further into evince-olpc?

Thanks and Regards,
Hemant