Unable to run/install read-activity in sugar-jhbuild

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Sat Oct 13 15:32:20 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 00:30 +0530, Hemant Goyal wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is a newbie question, I have been trying to run the read-activity
> in sugar environment for quite some time now with no success.
>      1. I pulled the latest read-activity source code from git
>         repository of read by running ./sugar-jhbuild update. This
>         step updated the read-activity source code to version 33.
>      2. I then changed to the sugar shell by runnng ./sugar-jhbuild
>         shell.
>      3. I then navigated to sugar-jhbuild/source/read-activity.
>      4. I ran python setup.py dist to create an xo bundle to check the
>         version number of the activity.
>      5. Finally i ran python setup.py
>         install /home/hemant/Download/sugar-jhbuild/build from
>         sugar-jhbuid/source/read-activity to install the activity.
> I've also tried running ./sugar-jhbuild build several times but I
> still cannot see the shortcut/launch icon to the Read Activity in the
> Sugar environment. Any step that I am missing?

Hi,

Read does not have any icon in the frame, as it is currently a
viewer-only activity, cannot create content.

You can launch Read by opening a pdf file in the journal. You have two
ways of adding a pdf to the journal, one is by downloading a pdf file
with Browse, and the other is by inserting a usb stick with a pdf on it,
you can then copy the pdf to the main flash by drag'n'drop if you wish.

Regards,

Tomeu