Bridging eSpeak and Read activity

tekelsey at gmail.com tekelsey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:19:00 EDT 2007

Sounds groovy.

I think there may be a way to provide an incremental multimodal language acquisition learning and life adventure/activity. LaLaLa?

One of my favorite games is scrabble. We could call it squeak n spell if selchow and righter is not interested in making the world better.

You can learn letters from scribble. If you already know x language, you can learn your own. Or, more fun, since children do not have preconceived notions about how you're only supposed to learn a single language, they can load up arabic, korean and chinese.

They could play squeak and spell over the mesh with someone, and choose their favorite real or imagined language, or create new languages. They could hear human pronunciation, or gerbil for that matter (think alvin + chipmunks).

For kids in different languages, machine translation is an option, and we're working on making it better (see meadan.org) scrabble is a perfect setting for a limited linguistic set, especially if squeak and spell is helping to provide that vocabulary and grammar.

Squeak and spell could help children to learn and have fun, even if they were blind, deaf or mute.

I would gladly place myself at the service of a developer keiretsu should something come to pass, whether it were squeak, python or treenimation, or a squeaking python slithering up a tree.