Alternative neighborhood in mesh networks

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:32:14 EDT 2007

This is really awesome.  Would you have opposition to later
repurposing the code as part of the Sugar system?  We've had plans for
providing several view options for the Neighborhood view, this being
one of the important ones.  While I'm not sure how well it fits into
the activity model, this would go great next to the "groups" and
"list" views (the former is the one that's partially implemented now,
the latter will provide a formal, sortable list view and isn't
implemented at all yet).

It will provide more to kids as part of the Neighborhood view, since
it can provide important info that's relevant when starting chats,
inviting people, and joining activities.  Along those lines, it would
be great to apply a similar radial positioning of activities, by one
of closest participant, farthest participant, or average distance of
all participants as well.

- Eben