olpc password?

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Oct 5 17:24:44 EDT 2007

On 10/05/2007 05:04 PM, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Is there a password for user olpc?

As for root, the default password is "!!", which
is an invalid hash that makes any password fail.

> I set one for it to be able to ssh to the XO, but
> it seems to have upset the X server and on
> reboot I could not get the graphics (flashed
> in and then failed).

I've seen this behavior too when I was running a
kernel without vservers.  I didn't determine what
was causing it, but the fix was to remove the bind
mount of the .Xauthority file:

  umount /home/olpc/.Xauthority

I've also been reported this problem by Torello while
running an unmodified ext3 image of build 611 on
VMware.

I asked about it to the developers of the update
and security subsystems, but no one seems to have an
immediate reason why it would happen.

Please, let me know...

--
 \___/