Updated glibc-2.7 for geode

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Nov 30 19:32:53 EST 2007

Rob Savoye wrote:

>    The geode patch must be in sysdeps/i386/i686, not in i585. For the
> Geode support, it only configures correctly if the geode sub directory
> is in the i686 directory.

Ok, I got the 2.7 packages to build:

  http://www.codewiz.org/pub/glibc-geode-2.7/

These can replace the older glibc-2.6.90-19 after performing the
usual tmpfs dance:

   mount -t tmpfs none /usr/lib/locale
   rpm -U --ignorearch glibc-2.7-2.geode.rpm glibc-common-2.7-2.i386.rpm
   mv /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive /
   umount /usr/lib/locale
   mv /locale-archive /usr/lib/locale

{one of these days we need to teach build-locale-archive to fall
back to read()/write() whenever mmap() fails}

The system boots normally and I didn't measure a relevant
change in boot time.

Now it would be a good time to perform some application
benchmarking.  Feedback welcome.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/