Active activities as Widgets

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:38:37 EST 2007

> >> I thought this was intended to be a feature similar to the frame (and
> >> actually summoned by the frame key), layered on top of the activity,
> >> so it actually would work for *all* activities, Python or not.
> >>

> > Definitely, it would have to work for all the activities.
> >

> Not quite what I had in mind, so I'll go ahead with my chat widget and
> publish a wiki page on it.

Can you elaborate on the inadequacies you see in this design?  It
would be useful as we move forward with considerations for the
ubiquitous chat interface.  Unless specifically necessary to the
activity in some fashion, we'd prefer to depend on this interface,
preventing the need for individual activities to implement custom
solutions which can come at a loss of consistency and a gain in
activity size and duplicated code.

- Eben