Updated glibc-2.7 for geode

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Wed Nov 28 09:04:44 EST 2007

> By the way, why can't we drop the geode optimized routines in
> sysdeps/i386/i686?  The i686 subarch has many more asm
> optimizations that we may like to have on the geode too.
>
> We've been using the i686 binary on the laptop since before
> I joined the project, so we're not concerned by ISA
> compatibility issues.

I do not know too much about those asm optimizations but keep in mind
that the Geode is an in-order CPU so it handles asm in a totally
different way in a lot of cases. So it is highly likely that those asm
"optimizations" can turn out to be slower. What I am trying to tell is
that good faith does not replace profiling... :)