Patent infringement lawsuit against OLPC in Nigeria

José Antonio joseantoniorocha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:32:32 EST 2007

There is no "intelectual property".

Patents and copyright are just monopoly granted by state. Period.

As any monopoly, this kind of monopoly cause damages to society.

Why Exxon and At&T can't do monopoly, and Micorsoft and Warner can?

On Nov 27, 2007 5:08 PM, nick knouf <nak44 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> Just saw a link to this today, about a patent infringement lawsuit
> filed in Nigeria against OLPC:
>
> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745
>
>  From the article:
>
> 'LANCOR's lawsuit alleges that OLPC purchased two KONYIN Multilingual
> Keyboard models (KONYIN Nigeria Multilingual Keyboard and KONYIN
> United States Multilingual Keyboard) with the express purpose of
> illegally reverse engineering the source codes for use in OLPC's XO
> Laptops. "The willful infringement of our client's intellectual
> property is so blatant and self-evident in the OLPC's XO Laptops,"
> said Solicitor Ade Adedeji, "we will have no problem establishing the
> facts of our client's case against OLPC in any court of law."'
>
> I don't know Nigerian reverse-engineering laws so I don't know if the
> case has any merit, but is there any word about how this will affect
> the XO in Nigeria?
>
> nick

nome: "José Antonio Meira da Rocha"  tratamento: "Prof. MS."
atividade: "Pesquisa e aprendizado em mídias digitais"
googletalk: email: MSN: joseantoniorocha at gmail.com
ICQ: 658222 Skype: "meiradarocha_jor"
veículos: [ http://meiradarocha.jor.br http://olpcitizen.blogspot.com ]