Networking hangs

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Nov 25 18:01:48 EST 2007

Which laptop model?

When the symptom is happening, check to see if the USB enumeration has
changed ... I use lsusb grabbed from another system, but there's also
something in /proc perhaps.  The kernel logs should also mention changes
to the USB device list.

Which kernel driver is being used for the USB ethernet?

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 02:40:41PM -0800, Hal Murray wrote:
> From the inside, /sbin/ifconfig hangs.  ps ax shows ifconfig in state
> D+  I assume it's waiting on some netework lock.

I suspect it has lost ability to talk to the device.  Has the laptop
gone into suspend at all since boot?