Status of the OLPC

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu chad-jm at hower.org
Fri Nov 23 17:42:27 EST 2007

> Yes! There has been a 'Real Soon Now' mini-project to streamline and
> improve the emulation builds. Sugar-jhbuild has been (and can be

How can I get involved in this?

> VMWare/Parrallels/VirtualPC/Bochs/QEMU is the best way we can reach
> them. I won't say I know when these changes will land, but I assume

I have a RAID 0 system with 4 GB RAM and dual core @ 4.0 GHz. And in QEMU is
pretty slow. I haven't installed acceleration layer, but still... We really
need to have ready to go VMWare images etc. I tried to make it run in
VMWare, but it was a no go so far.

> This is the idea, just no one has had the time to dedicate to 1. report
> what isn't working in emulation and 2. finding ways to streamline the
> process.

Well aside from what I reported - VMWare. I haven't dug, but I made it, and
IIRC it just hung on boot... actually just tried again. It boots, I get to
an all white screen with a black x that I can move with the mouse.... And
then no where.